Never in the history of Ski Rebel Magazine has the online media property recorded such a significant online increase. A 575% increase in visitation has propelled the site to historic new heights.
And the Vancouver winter Olympics are largely responsible for the new found success of this month’s incredible success. Nine of the top ten most read stories are Olympic related.
â€˜Had you asked me how many how many readers would follow us this coming month, I would have forecasted the same 20% increase weâ€™ve been experiencing throughout the past year,â€™ said publisher Frederick Wallace. â€˜This is the ultimate surprise we are shocked and (happy),â€™ he added.
The website cannot release official numbers because of confidentiality agreements, however it suffice to say that the one month traffic count it is a minimum double than the overall yearly visit total of 65,000 visitors.
It is believed that Olympic coverage was largely responsible for the interest toward Ski Rebel Magazine.
This year, daily regular updates ensured continuous coverage of the Games and the fact that being in Canada really helped drive this latest success. Traffic increased 175% over January, and more than a 1,500 % in the past two years.
Here’s the rundown of top-10 stories that helped Ski Rebel Magazine achieve a remarkable success:
1. Jamaica: the sequel â€“ return to 2010 Winter Olympics
2. Womenâ€™s ski team gets nude for the Games
3. Outrage builds as Vancouver Olympic Cauldron is closed to the public
4. Olympic Update: Vonn-couver games are on, downhill crashes aplenty, Olympic cauldron opened up
5. Top 10 iPhone applications
6. The road less traveled: Vancouver 2010 a larger than life experience as Canadians embrace Games
7. How Whistlerâ€™s Olympic dream beganâ€¦ A tale of Franzâ€™s golden run
8. Olympic Update: Miller time, ski cross time, slalom time
9. Olympic Update: Miller time, ski cross time, slalom time
10. Vancouver area hosting plenty of Olympic celebrations in February
SMV Ltd. is a privately owned company, specializing in the publication and management of a number of outdoor web properties.
Ski Rebel Magazine: Read more content from SMV by clicking here.
Print This Post