Who would ever think that July would become our busiest month in terms of visits! Skirebel.com continued an incredible upward ascent in July as visitors to the online ski portal broke an all time record.
Visitation was up by over 77% over the same period in 2008 and page views were up a whopping 105% over the same period. Month to month growth has increased 53% and 62% respectively. So far Ski Rebel Magazine has surpassed website visit expectations by 37% for the year to date.
We are blown away by the sudden increase of visitors to the site. July has been a determining month for us and it usually helps us assess the trends for the upcoming ski season. We are optimistic this is going to be another stellar year and we are on target to building one of the most successful ski web properties in the world,’
said Frederick Wallace, President and Managing editor of Ski Rebel Magazine.
A number of exciting new features are going to be launched this fall and a new online ski boutique is going to open up. Based on the success of Ski Rebel Magazine, we are on track with our strategy to now expand our online base of outdoor web properties.
July’s growth was fueled by the following top stories online stories:
1. Top 10 iPhone applications
2. Caught under an avalanche of debt, Intrawest might be forced to dump mountain assets
3. Google Earth takes number 1 slot as iPhone travel application
4. Women’s ski team gets nude for the Games
5. Murren celebrates 40 years under the James Bond spell
6. Ski Rebel’s top 10 list of holiday ski resorts for beginners
7. Turkmenistan to build indoor ski facility, Utah strikes down proposal
8. Niagara Falls to build Snow Park by the Summer
9. Rail link to Xanadu New Jersey completed
10. Glade skiing may take on new meaning at Austrian ski resort
SMV Ltd. is a privately owned company, specializing in the publication and management of a number of outdoor sites. Click here to contact us.Print This Post